Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pop Culture Confusion

Ooh I've had it all wrong. You see I've been all up into Zooey Deschanel lately. Well it all started with an M. Ward CD. Hold Time. Bought it at Stinkweeds on the way to Prescott AZ and I've never gone back (to not listening to M. Ward that is). This guy's voice is hauntingly beautiful. My boyfriend though, whose the one who turned me on to him, was addicted. After we saw him in April I swear I couldn't turn on the iTunes, the car stereo, the iPod or even the antique home stereo system without hearing this guy. And I'm not complaining. I'm just saying.

Anyways I've been curious about this colab proj he did with this Zooey Deschanel character for a while, its called She & Him. But I was hesitant, because I thought she was the girl from Across the Universe. Not that I have anything against that girl or anything. But she's not, that girls name is Evan Rachel Wood (as pictured to your left).




And I remember back then, when I saw that movie, I thought that Evan Rachel Wood, was the girl from Kids, you know the one who ends up with HIV at the end. But that girl is actually Chloƫ Sevigny (as pictured to the right). Get it Chloƫ, Zooey. But I mean if I had this wrong, something so easily googleable, what else could I be missing?

Well we finally went and bought She & Him and its really good. I mean you totally get in touch with your fem side when you listen to it, but I'm comfortable with that. Are you?

Anyway the other night over a six pack of Rolling Rock I finally saw Yes Man with Jim Carrey and you guessed it Zooey Deschanel, and contrary to what I thought when it first came out, its not a sequel to Liar Liar... it too is actually pretty good. Next on my list, Elf and 500 Days of Summer.

And to ease the pain of a painstakingly pointless blog, here's an adorable Daschanel vid...

3 comments:

  1. Why do I have a feeling that she didn't grow up in the projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like Deschanel, you'll love ELF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, zooey deschanel = emily blunt.

    it's bizarre. they are the exact same person, with different make-up styles.

    ReplyDelete