Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I Don't Really Miss it Though

As a kid, I got most of my MTV time at my aunt's house, Tia Socorro to be precise. This wasn't because my parent's had anything against it, but because we didn't have cable at all at my house. So while I got to watch all the Simpsons, Married with Children and 20/20 I wanted, I lacked in exposure to Daria, Real World and Celebrity Death Match to round me out as a normal child of the 90's. The funny thing is, if my aunt had known what I was watching, she totally wouldn't have approved. Kind of like how I don't spring for LOGO for my own apartment, but I always catch it at my parent's house, now that we've all left and they have Direct TV.

Luckily, I've stumbled upon Children of the 90s, so I can freshen up on all the pop culture references that age me terribly, as my obsession with my wonderful Doc Martins does. I hope there's something on Real World Seattle, I'm always up for staring into David's multicolored eyes.



Check this pic I found of 20/20's John Stossle. Why do I feel like I'm looking at my uncle?

2 comments: