Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Warped

I found these under curiosities on slightlywarped.com. Ok, I'v been found out. That's the kind of shit I'm into. This particular collection of weird stuff is made up of different artist renditions of random cartoons, video games and pop culture icons. But mostly cartoons. I snagged some of my favorites for you, but check out the site yourself, you might find your favorite childhood cartoon looking a little off. 

This is Zoidberg and Bender from Futurama. For me this show is right up their with 3rd Rock from the Sun. There's just something I get about using aliens, robots and mutants to point out the ridiculousness of humanity. The artist is Dylan Marvin and if you check out his blog, its full of this kind of stuff. 


Heeellooooooo Nurse. Watching the Animaniacs over a bowl of cereal everyday after school, I think, may have played a role in shaping my comedic stylings. Or it just made me more inclined toward being a pest. Here are Yakko, Wakko, and Dot as real life cartoon children. 


This reminds me of a tatoo I saw once. 



Now if you've been paying attention, you've noticed that I'm kind of a dreamer. I've always loved to make shit up in my head and flyaway with it (which by the way I wouldn't recommend for relationships). When I was a kid I got my exposure to fantasy from a healthy blend of TV, books, comics, maybe a little prozac, I don't know, the boredom of growing up in the boondocks, and of coarse Super Mario Bros. This piece by Winonan Nelson makes me shutter a little. Oh the worlds we could encounter at the other end of a pipe.


1 comment: