Thursday, June 3, 2010

Notice How I Spell Proofread

Alright so one of my favorite things to do is to troll around the internet and leave snarky ass comments on people's blogs and never really hear from them again. I mean, its like chatroulette, you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings by jerking off instead of saying hello. Right? Well, apparently, like I should have learned during my Friday nights as a kid absorbing the doctrine of the T.G.I.F. line up, words do hurt.

I was indulging in a li'l daily Musto action the other day, when I came across a piece that was actually sent to said blogger, by artist Jessica Blinkhorn. Her selling point is that she's "an obese, tattoo'd, smut-mouthed, wheelchair-bound, bitchy artist... (but wait... there's more) ...who is fucking fed up about the utter lack of individuals with disabilities not speaking up!" Ok sounds like most of the managers I worked for at Starbucks. Sounds like my people. 


Any way I proceeded to devoure the piece entitled "How to Fuck a Wheelchair Woman or Me," and I totally enjoyed it. But true to form, what's the first thing I do?  Not praise her for her work. Not google her to learn more about her as an artist. Not even hit the like button. Nope I didn't do any of those things. Here, why don't I let you read for yourself what my first instinct was. 


Dugaldo says:
I'm all for smut-mouths of any ability, but can we proof read our rants please?
Posted On: Wednesday, Jun. 2 2010 @ 3:13PMOk I'm sorry, I'm still cracking up about that one. But yeah I mean, like Carrie Bradshaw, I went straight for the scrunchy. There were a few typos and I just couldn't help myself. Anyone who's ever heard of Freud would say that's a clear cut case of me being jealous that this girl actually had the balls to email Michael Musto and say "Hey, here's my work, please share it with the world." And I am jealous. I should be doing that. But that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the girl's work. But wait, there's more. So as it turns out, I guess I pissed off this other reader, who actually commented back:
Savannah Montgomery says:
I think it's called "style" what you want proofread.
Posted On: Wednesday, Jun. 2 2010 @ 5:18PMOuch. To be honest, I was giddy. Striking up a comment bitch-off with perfect strangers is quite a rewarding experience, and I'd recommend it anyone. Until that is, someone gets hurt. I don't know, maybe I threw in the towel to early but after I left another comment, which I'll just let you find on the comment thread, the artist herself actually commented back apologizing for the typos and saying she felt a bit foolish. Alright universe! I get it. I'm despicable. 

For the record, I don't think this girl is foolish. But I don't think I am either. Like the clap, we all get typos from time to time. But lets face it, they are both an easy fix. Jessica, if you ever want to cyber, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment